Dear Valued Clients,
The coronavirus crisis has caused many people and businesses to adjust how they operate on a daily basis. O’Brien, Riley & Ryan, P.C. (ORR) is dedicated to the health and well-being of our clients, team and the community. Joining many others in the fight to contain the coronavirus, ORR will be implementing preventative safety measures under an abundance of caution to ensure we are protecting those who work closely with us and their families while maintaining the level of exceptional client service that we all expect.
Our firm will remain fully-operational amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Effective immediately, the following safety measures will be in place:
- We request that scheduled face-to-face meetings take place via telephone if possible.
- To the extent possible, we request that documents be provided electronically. Please see below how to obtain a secure link.
- To the extent possible, we request an electronic signature for E-file forms via Rightsignature.
- Most of our staff will be working remotely as they have done routinely for several years. Our technology and infrastructure enable our team to do so seamlessly and securely.
- Unless mandated otherwise we will keep our office open Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in order to receive mail, delivery services, and client document drop off.
- Our phone system will not be answered by a live individual at this time. Please use the directory to access the person, or their voicemail, you are wishing to speak with. All members of the firm will continue to be accessible via phone.
We will continue to use ShareFile as a tool to exchange documents securely. If you would like to do so, please email Kristina Sherman. She will provide a link to securely upload your documents.
We are unsure, at this time, if there will be an extension of the filing deadline and are awaiting formal guidance on other relief such as a 90-day deferral of tax payments, penalties and interest-free, up to $1 million for individuals. ORR will continue to closely monitor the situation and communicate as the updates are available. Until then, ORR will be operating under the presumption of a filing deadline of April 15th.
We are here to support you during this time and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
O’Brien, Riley & Ryan, P.C.